Wednesday, January 09, 2008

El Gordo - has our luck changed?

We bought a ticket for 'El Gordo' the Spanish national lottery at a cost of 20€, we bought the ticket in the city of Girona on the peninsular. Last year several tickets won large prizes for some residents in the town of Vic not far away from our home village. Millionaires were made there on the day of the draw in 2006.



A big win on the lottery would pay for the landscaping we still have to complete, and would also allow us to install a much needed swimming pool for those long hot summer days to come.



Over the past few years I have been emailed by more than a dozen people all of whom advised me that I had won a large prize in the annual draw. Strange that because this is the first year we have actually purchased a ticket and the lady in the kiosk in la 'oficina de loteria' was certain that our ticket failed to win a prize. So I'll blame Lady luck rather than Lady Luz, though if Pam has won the lottery she is keeping rather quiet about it.

Still, fingers crossed there is always next years 'El Gordo' to look forward too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colin and Carol

    Have just spent a happy time catching up with your blog - it's been a long time and I don't know why. Such a lot of diverse interest on here . I'd got it into my head that you'd moved to the Canaries and stopped blogging.

    No, no secret win for us on El Gordo - it would have been lovely to spread the joy around.

    Right, back to your blog - it's so good I think my gardening plans this morning will take a back seat!

    ReplyDelete